Any vacancies in our exciting team will appear below
The HR Advisor will be a key part of the HR service to schools, providing a professional, efficient and accessible service to Headteachers, senior leaders and multi academy trusts. You’ll be the first point of call for information and advice on contracts, employee relations, policy and recruitment. You will need to demonstrate outstanding written and oral communication skills, together with a passion for working with people. You will be able to make routine decisions, interpret policy and be organised, with attention to detail for accurate administration. The role may require travel and so you should be a car user with a full, current and valid driving licence and have a vehicle with a current valid MOT certificate.
This is a varied role, within a friendly and supportive team and where full flexibility is available to make the role fit with your work/life balance.
Part time flexible role, 20-22.5 hours per week (days/times to be agreed with successful candidate). Option for term time only working if desired.
Pay: £22-27k FTE based on experience
• Provide HR advice and support via telephone, email, Zoom and Teams to schools, academies, colleges and other educational bodies as appropriate.
• Draft and issue contracts of employment, statements of particulars, salary statements and letters for teaching and support staff employed by clients.
• Interpret and keep abreast of School Teachers and Local Government and Associated Employers pay and Conditions of Service and legislative changes to employment law in the education service.
• Attend sickness management meetings and liaise, where required, with occupational health, medical consultants and pension agencies on behalf of clients.
• Support the HR Manager, where required, with disciplinary, grievance and dismissal hearings, together with associated appeals, and provide advice to governors, trustees, employers and senior staff as appropriate.
• Complete HR administration including pay calculations, redundancy estimates and sickness monitoring as and when required.
• Support the HR Manager with TUPE consultation, advisory support and administration as required.
• Review and draft school HR policy documents in compliance with statutory requirements and national/local conditions of service.
• Liaise with Trade Unions and professional associations on behalf of clients.
• Identify opportunities for expansion of the HR service.
• Work with the HR Manager, Payroll Manager and the Managing Director to improve the effectiveness and profitability of the HR service.
• Undertake any other relevant duties as required.
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral (Essential)
• Excellent IT skills and able to demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail (Essential)
• Ability to prioritise and work under own initiative (Essential)
Up to date working knowledge of HR and employment law (Essential)
• Ability to multi-task, with a professional and flexible approach to work (Essential)
• Confidentiality and sensitivity (Essential)
• Decision making skills (Essential)
• CIPD qualified (desirable)
• Experience of working within school environments, with an understanding of the Burgundy and Green books and teacher and support staff pay scales. (Desirable)
• Experience of working in a unionised environment (Desirable)
To apply for the role, please contact us below or apply on LinkedIn by clicking here.
If you feel like you would be a good fit for any of our open positions, simply give us some details about yourself using this form and we’ll get back in touch.
If no positions are currently listed but you’d like to register your interest for future vacancies we’d still love to hear from you.